What to Expect
From all of us at Bodhi Tree, we look forward to meeting you. If you’ve never set foot in a yoga studio or think that Pilates is something you order at a coffee shop, no need to worry, below is a little run down of how the studio operates.
What to wear, what to bring:
- For all classes be sure to wear comfortable, flexible and lightweight clothing. It is helpful for the teacher to see your body alignment so nothing too oversized or bulky. Sweat pants are fine, but please don’t come in a snow suit. T shirts, leggings, or shorts are recommended.
- Yoga and Pilates are practiced in bare feet. Zumba and Athletica can be done in running shoes or dance shoes. Please leave your street shoes in reception upon entering.
- While most people bring their own mat, if you’re just getting started or forgot yours, standard yoga mats are available for your use in the studios. Please clean them after each use.
- If you have long hair, it’s helpful to have it tied back off of your face
- You can register for classes ahead of time or you can drop in day of and register in person. We recommend signing up online as it guarantees you a spot, especially if you’re super excited to try out a class.
- It’s advised to arrive 10 to 15 minutes early to get settled. We have tea so feel free to come even earlier or stay after.
- We get it, life happens. If you do come late please enter quietly. You may be asked to wait until an appropriate time to enter arises. If you have to leave a class early, please notify your teacher before the class begins. If it is a yoga class try to give yourself a few moments of stillness on your mat before leaving and please leave prior to savasana.
- Class descriptions can be found here.
- Our studio is a non-competitive environment; it is a safe space for you to exercise not just your body but your compassion and patience for yourself. Listen to your body and stop anytime you need to take a break.
- Talk to us. The team at Bodhi Tree Studio are here to guide you through your own unique practice. Ask us questions and let us know if you’re suffering from any physical ailments. Feel free to call us or email at firstname.lastname@example.org
- We have a small change room on site with private changing spaces.
- Bodhi Tree has two studios, both of which are AODA compliant and designed to offer smaller classes and therefore more attention and care to our students.